• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Post Is it correct?

As per you inquiry, we checked with the client regarding the above subject, and we came to know that this work was completed without coordinating with our department, and they did not even give a call / information to us before installing the items at the site

Re: Is it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MAJSH View Post
    As per you inquiry, we checked with the client regarding the above subject, and we came to know that this work was completed without coordinating with our department, and they did not even give a call / information to us before installing the items at the site
    The grammar is correct except for "give a call". The verb "give" should have an indirect object: ... and they did not even give us a call.

Even though the grammar is correct, I think it could be improved somewhat. I suggest the following rewrite.

As per your inquiry, we checked with the client regarding the above subject, and we found out that this work is now complete. However, no one coordinated with out department. They did not even call to inform us before installing the items at the site.

By the way, who completed the work? I think it would be better style to include this information by saying that "someone or a company" completed the work and did not coordinate with our department. They did not even call to inform us before installing the items at the site.