Student or Learner
Would you be kind enough to share with me your opinion concerning the following sentences?
1. Chandler protracted his walk until the Forties began to intersect the great and glittering primerose path.
primerose path = a life of ease and pleasure; the primrose path also refers to someone living a life of luxury apparently linking primroses to libertine indulgence.
2. She arrived at a handsome ans sedate mansion two squares to the east, dacing on that avenue which is the highway of Mommon and the auxiliary gods.
Mommon = riches, avarice, and worldly gain personified as a false god in the New Testament
3. We received a reminder that the rent was due.
reminder = something that causes one to remember,
4. He remind me of my promise.
remind = to cause to remember
5. He reminds me of my cousin.
remind = to call to mind
6. She reminded me to buy a newspaper. (see above)
7. We reminded them that the meeting had been postponed. (see above)
Thank you for your efforts.