• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

how to read a bar chart

Hello!

I am trying to expalina bar chart about regional variations in water scarcity and I am not sure if my way of explainng it is ok. If you see any problems, can I have your comments? It is very urgent and I need your help desperately~~~

When you look at the first column about sub-saharan Africa, the column itself is divided in to dark grey and light grey area. The dark grey area shows low exploitation when it comes to percentage of usuable water. THe light grey area indicates mining. That is, Sub-saharan Africa is the area where water is exploited the least and water comes from mining take up very little percentage.

Re: how to read a bar chart

Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    Hello!

I am trying to expalina bar chart about regional variations in water scarcity and I am not sure if my way of explainng it is ok. If you see any problems, can I have your comments? It is very urgent and I need your help desperately~~~

When you look at the first column about sub-saharan Africa, the column itself is divided in to dark grey and light grey area. The dark grey area shows low exploitation when it comes to percentage of usuable water. THe light grey area indicates mining. That is, Sub-saharan Africa is the area where water is exploited the least and water comes from mining take up very little percentage.
    It is a bit wordy.

On this chart about sub-Saharan Africa, the column is in two shades of grey. The dark area shows low exploitation of usable water. The pale grey indicates mining areas. The percentages indicate that this is a region where water is not fully exploited and that water from mining is the least exploited.

?? "Water from mining" >> Do you in fact mean that this is water discovered through artesian boring?