help to orrect grammar mistake

A month ago a friend of my sister and I phoned, and asked us if we could go hiking with him on Canada Day long weekend. We quickly responded, we have never been hiking before, it could be a big challenge and difficult for us. He was amazed and said you have been to Canada for ten years and never been hiking; it is about time I will take you hiking. Well, we agreed to give it a try.

Re: help to orrect grammar mistake

A month ago a friend of my sister and I phoned, and asked us if we could go hiking with him on Canada Day long weekend. We quickly responded, we have never been hiking before, it could be a big challenge and difficult for us. He was amazed and said you have been to Canada for ten years and never been hiking; it is about time I will take you hiking. Well, we agreed to give it a try.

OK, I will re-write your entry correctly, although you did a nice job already!

A month ago a friend of my sister and me phoned, and asked us if we could go hiking with him on the Canada Day long weekend (or: the long weekend over Canada Day). We quickly responded that we had never been hiking before, and that it could be a big challenge and difficult for us. He was amazed and said, "You have been in Canada for ten years and have never been hiking! It is about time that I take you hiking." Well, we agreed to give it a try.

Of course, this could have been re-written a number of ways; I offered one way.

Re: help to orrect grammar mistake

Thank you very much. I am writing a story about momorable day...and I will post more grammar corrections.