Student or Learner
Are the following sentences OK or they need improvement:
1. Because the funeral processions were not allowed on highways and we would have to take the local roads to the cemetery during rush hour, we had requested for a police escort and got one.
2. We discovered that he (had?) touched people whom we did not even know.
3. John's college semester was scheduled to end on Tuesday, December 22. I (had?) prayed that his dad did not leave us before that so that Johnís finals were not interrupted. He died on Wednesday, the 23rd, at 12:01 a.m.!
4. His counseling (or counsel) was very helpful to me.
5. I heard a faint voice singing.