Toys and sports equipment

Dear ALL,

I'm do volunteering in a charity organisation in the Toys division. We receive many material donations every day e.g. racing car set, musical instrument, fitness equipment and playground items.... I would like to learn more English vocabularies. As an Asian, of course, some items are unknown to me.

Does anyone give me websites?

Thanks in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

Smile Re: Toys and sports equipment

Quote Originally Posted by cmlg38542006 View Post
    Dear ALL,

I'm do volunteering in a charity organisation in the Toys division. We receive many material donations every day e.g. racing car set, musical instrument, fitness equipment and playground items.... I would like to learn more English vocabularies. As an Asian, of course, some items are unknown to me.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello here the French,

I think you can find vocabulary on the web, type toys in Yahoo or another, perhaps you can type Americans or English brand toys.

Hope you find your way, don't give up.

Have a nice day.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Toys and sports equipment

Quote Originally Posted by cmlg38542006 View Post
    Dear ALL,

Thanks in advance.
    I, too, would suggest simply Googling "musical instruments English names" or something like that. I don't know of specific websites that just list vocabulary.

Otherwise, I imagine you can come up with many examples of instruments, fitness equipment in your own language - simply look them up in your dictionary!

Well done on your voluntary work, by the way!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

What about goinig to a retail Web site, like Toys R Us, or Target, or even Amazon, and looking through the toy categories there? They will have pictures next to the items for purchase so you can make an immediate connection.

Thanks for all advices.

I do not have Chinese dictionary because I cannot write (already forgot) many Chinese words.

I find some pictures and vocabularies on appendices in my Oxford Advanced learner's English-Chinese dictionary (6th edition).

I tried google yesterday. I have searched "racing car set", as a result, I found online auctions websites. Pictures are very small and the contents are very brief.

Anyway, I'll try to visit websites like, Toys R Us, Target and Tesco.

Have a nice day.