Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Roselin's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Sep 2008
    • Posts: 2,641
    #1

    Plz correct if there is any mistake.

    Are the following sentences correct? ( specially the phrases I have used in bold letters)

    Explanation means going into details. It's a medium or device through which ideas and concepts are being cleared or made easy to understand. ( from teaching point of view).

    Thanks in advance.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,121
    #2

    Exclamation Re: Plz correct if there is any mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roselin View Post
    Are the following sentences correct? ( specially the phrases I have used in bold letters)

    Explanation means going into details. It's a medium or device through which ideas and concepts are being cleared or made easy to understand. ( from teaching point of view). Unnerlined portion is correct.

    Thanks in advance.
    It is neither going into details nor a device.
    It isa statement given orally or in writing by some one, describing the reasons why something happened or why you did something or a statement or piece of writing intended to describe how something works or make something easier to understand
    Last edited by sarat_106; 01-Aug-2009 at 07:18.

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,627
    #3

    Re: Plz correct if there is any mistake.

    "...ideas and concepts are being cleared or made..."

    I would suggest 'clarified' in place of 'being cleared'.

  3. Roselin's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Sep 2008
    • Posts: 2,641
    #4

    Re: Plz correct if there is any mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    It is neither going into details nor a device.
    It isa statement given orally or in writing by some one, describing the reasons why something happened or why you did something or a statement or piece of writing intended to describe how something works or make something easier to understand
    Thanks for the comments, sarat_106.

    But here I want to say that there is a subject Teaching Technology. According to it there are several teaching devices which are used by a teacher while teaching. Teaching devices are classified into three categories. Artificial, natural and fixing questions. Under artificial teaching devices come narration, exposition,dramatisiation, recitation, EXPLANATION etc.

    Therefore I used explanation as one of the teaching devices.

    Devices are external mode or added tools which are used by a teacher to facilitate the teaching and learning process.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,121
    #5

    Exclamation Re: Plz correct if there is any mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roselin View Post
    Thanks for the comments, sarat_106.

    But here I want to say that there is a subject Teaching Technology. According to it there are several teaching devices which are used by a teacher while teaching. Teaching devices are classified into three categories. Artificial, natural and fixing questions. Under artificial teaching devices come narration, exposition,dramatisiation, recitation, EXPLANATION etc.

    Therefore I used explanation as one of the teaching devices.

    Devices are external mode or added tools which are used by a teacher to facilitate the teaching and learning process.
    You can not call narration, exposition, dramatization, recitation, EXPLANATION as devices, because a device is basically a piece of equipment that does a particular job, for example takes measurements or controls the operation of a machine. Ofcoure, a flash card which does the job of explaining a subject can be termed as teaching device.You can describe those words as different processes/purposes of teaching. So in teaching, explanation is one of the purposes of teaching which aims at uncovering new idea/information /knowledge.
    Last edited by sarat_106; 02-Aug-2009 at 07:01.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Jun-2009, 23:24
  2. correct any mistake
    By joham in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Mar-2008, 00:53
  3. pls correct my letter(informal)
    By speed2 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-Feb-2008, 20:14
  4. Is it correct or not?
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-Jan-2008, 21:03

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •