• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

words

Can anyone tell me what words that the God refers to children as " supple children................................, for such is the kingdom of heaven"?

Please.

Re: words

To the best of my knowledge, there are three versions of this verse in the New Testament. I believe they all refer to the same incident, in which Jesus is teaching and people are bringing babies and young children up to Him so He can touch and/or bless them. The disciples see this and scold the people and tell them to stop it, apparently assuming this would bother Jesus. However...

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Luke 18:16
    But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

These all come from the King James Version of the Bible. I chose the KJV because it matched your version reasonably closely. The verse appears differently in different versions, but the thought is the same.

Of course, this is 400-year-old English. The word suffer here means to permit or allow. In other words, Jesus is saying to the disciples to let the children come to Him, and takes advantage of the situation to give them a spiritual lesson. He goes on to explain to them in the very next verse that whoever fails to receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it at all.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Greg

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: words

Thank you very much!