letter of motivation for bursary

im a 25 year old male with national diploma in office management and technology now i want to further my studies by doing Btech in Business administration i need your help to draft me a letter so that i can understand what is expected from my letter of application

thanks

Re: letter of motivation for bursary

Quote Originally Posted by 20348363 View Post
    im a 25 year old male with national diploma in office management and technology now i want to further my studies by doing Btech in Business administration i need your help to draft me a letter so that i can understand what is expected from my letter of application

thanks
    Hi,

I've heard the terms "letter of motivation" and "motivation letter" before. I don't know if these are widely used terms, but I know this type of letter to be a "cover letter". Here's what I believe is a practical outline for a cover letter. It's just a guide, and I wouldn't say you have to follow it precisely as it is. Anyway, I think this should help give you some ideas about where to begin and what to include in this letter. I've read cover letters in which people have included information from their resumes. It's best to not include information from your resume in a cover letter. Cover letters are relatively short - three short paragraphs, with the second one, the middle paragraph, being the longest. By the way, I just noticed that your purpose is not to look for a job. You can adapt this outline to your purpose. Just change the name of the company to the name of the educational institute to which you are applying, for example.

General Format for a Cover Letter

Your Name
    Address
    City State Zip Code
    Home Telephone Number
    Cell Phone Number
    Email Address

Date

Person’s Name
    Title
    Company Name
    Address
    City State Zip Code

Dear Name,

o Find out the name of the person who is going to read your résumé and cover letter if this is possible.

Introduction

Say who you are and say why you are writing. If you are replying because of an advertisement, say something about it.

Middle

o The information listed below does not have to be included in the order it is presented here, necessarily.

Give reasons why this employer should give you the job you are applying for.
    Say something about your experience and education.

It might be useful to know a few things about the company you are applying to when writing your cover letter. It could help you explain why you would be a good match for the job and the company.

End

Request an interview, and thank the reader.

Sincerely,

Signature

Typewritten name

Enclosure
    Last edited by PROESL; 01-Aug-2009 at 19:18. Reason: additional comment - information