What word do you think is the hardest to pronounce???

• Thread starter Ramid
  • Start date
  • Views : 139,891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazzu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
By the way,the replies posted before seems to lead to "Tongue twisters".

Tangerine

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Barbados
psychologists

the sts is difficult to pronounce :S

Jamgirl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
A lady I was teaching today found the word 'deteriorate' extremely difficult to pronounce. Add 'ed' or 'ing' and it becomes even worse!

A lady I was teaching today found the word 'deteriorate' extremely difficult to pronounce. Add 'ed' or 'ing' and it becomes even worse!

Ah deteriorated! Curses! I have a lot of trouble with that word. I seem to add a second "ed" everytime I try to say it, but my worst is asks. Ask is fine, but asks is awful. I usually try and use questions instead.

Vibovit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
333 is the one I hate ;-)

chako

Hi ;-)
I have a problem with r-sound. When my friend and I talked about movies, I said that my favorite movie was "Spirited away." My friend laughed and told me that he understood what I meant, but I sounded as if I said "Spit it away." :shock:

oos

i think that i facing difficiult when i pronunce the words which include p or b
such as barking and parking ,pig and big , indeed what is the difference between its pronunciation ? i think that it is very similar .

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It could be a noun. In medical (psychiatric) use you could say 'He is suffering from lack of affect'

Also, as I guess Tdol knows, 'effect' can be a verb: "He effected a hasty retreat".

But for most teaching purposes, Tdol's rule of thumb works. (As a teacher I'm always making the mistake of trying to teach exceptional usages.)

b

Mehsud

well, as far as my pronunciation is concerned. i think the pronunciation itself is the hardest to be pronounced.

Mehsud

well, as far as my pronunciation is concerned. i think the pronunciation itself is the hardest to be pronounced.

Hello I´m Ana and I think the English word´s pronunciation is very difficult, I have serious problems with the th sound. When I have to say 3th, 20th, you don´t know how difficult is form me.
;-)

Andy! you need to pronunce the 3th as 3rd (Third) instead of 3th

bigapplejin

New member "bigapple"

Hello everyone!

it's a great pleasure for me to find this blog and nice to meet you guys.
My id is "bigapplejin" since I live in New York; bigapple is New York's nickname.

Would you welcome me?
:-D

bigapplejin

I am having a hard time to pronounce the word, "jewelry", and I practiced more than hundred times to pronounce "entrepreneur", and now I am confident to pronounce it.

Miner49'er

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Let a hundred Flemish speaking people read the word "variety" and you'll hear the utmost strange pronunciations. :lol:

muhamaad

i think no word is difficult to pronounce, the problem is how far we use our dictionaries in knowing the correct pronunciation for certain words>

sary

i do not know the stress and pronunciation the word representative
can you give me the answer please,

Status
Not open for further replies.