Student or Learner
Any recommendation/advice in teaching private English tutorial to a Chinese boy whom is without interest in studying all subjects except common knowledge.
- He's a kind of passive but still willing to talk to me.
- He is not interested in listening to story much which is rare in his age group.
- He's been changing home tutors frequently due to unfavourble progress in studies.
- His mum is fed up with the conflict while teaching him, so she turned to me by sending her son to my home for one to one tutorial starting from teaching English.
- He said my first session was boring while I tried to get to know more about him.
tks / ju
What a challenge!
It sounds like you are going to have to revolve his lessons around his interests. Request that he bring his favorite pictures or artwork to class. Use these for the subject of your lessons.
May I edit your question?
Any recommendation/advice when teaching private English lessons to a Chinese boy who lacks interest in all subjects, except common knowledge?
He's somewhat passive, but still willing to talk to me.
He is not interested in listening to stories much, which is rare for his age group.
He has changed home tutors frequently due to unfavourble progress in studies.
His mum is fed up with the conflict, so she sent her son to my home for one-on-one tutoring, beginning with English lessons.
He said my first session was boring when I just tried to get to know more about him.
tks / ju ouyhou