1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

any suggesion

I want to speak good and flueint english. any tips you guys suggest?

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Re: any suggesion

I want to speak good and fluient english. Any tips? and i want to write correct english too please help me out. watching english movies and listening to hip hop songs does work?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by passang View Post
    I want to speak good and fluient english. Any tips? and i want to write correct english too please help me out. watching english movies and listening to hip hop songs does work?
    Watching English films could help, listening to Hip-Hop is not likely to help much.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Yes, I have a great suggestion. IT takes a bit of time (doesn't anything that requires learning a skill?) but it really works. Try shadowing what you hear. Repeat it right after you hear it (instantly, even while you are listening to the next words). You can do it out loud (best) or quietly, or even in your head, silently.
    If you can't understand a word of phrase, skip it and keep going on the next part you understand. Don't worry about being perfect... that will only slow down your learning.
    Try first with easier listening so you can say about 50% or more of what you hear. Then move to more difficult. Also try with shorter passages first, then longer.
    Good luck!

-Les

(check out my site if you want some stories to listen to, at English Listening World)