I have had?

Is it correct to say: I have had documented, I have had no time to...for sentences when I have had done something in the recent past?how about third singular,in the same example?If somebody can help me I would appreciate ...thank you!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: I have had?

Quote Originally Posted by BRIGITTEB View Post
    Is it correct to say: I have had documented, I have had no time to...for sentences when I have had done something in the recent past?how about third singular,in the same example?If somebody can help me I would appreciate ...thank you!
    Certainly, the second example is fine. The first is also possible but only as a rather literarily-phrased causative (i.e. = I have instructed somebody to document...). I suspect that what you actually mean is simply 'I have documented...'.

The use of the present perfect tends to be more commonplace in BrE than in AmE, but is naturally used when referring to recent events as long as the time of occurrence is not specified.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: I have had?

Quote Originally Posted by BRIGITTEB View Post
    I agree with philo. It is possible to say "I have had done something", but I'm pretty sure you don't mean that, because your second example is different.
    Your first example has three verb forms in a row; your second has only two.