• Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

run over nails

Hi!
    I need your help with the interpretation of the underlined section. The sentence is about bike rentals and it goes like that:

It's a bit pricier, but the service is convenient and the bikes are new. And with their free insurance plan, you'll be running over nails in no time.

Thanx!

Re: run over nails

It's a bit pricier, but the service is convenient and the bikes are new. And with their free insurance plan, you'll be running over nails in no time.
    I've seen ads in a similar vein before. It's meant in a joking manner. The idea is that this bike rental place, although it costs a bit more, is really good. One of the nice things it offers is a free insurance plan. That is, if the bike gets damaged in some way while you're riding it, you may not be forced to pay for the damage (subject to the terms of the policy, of course).

Gosh, what a relief! If it were not for that free insurance policy, I'd have to ride their bike with extreme caution, terrified that I might cause some slight damage to it and end up being forced to pay an outrageous amount of money for the repair! I'd have to nervously steer around every small bit of broken glass or sharp object on the street so as not to cause a puncture in the one of the tires. That would sure spoil my fun, wouldn't it?

Luckily, that's not the case. Since they have a free insurance plan, I can ride their bike with reckless abandon, without a care in the world about damaging the bike in any way. After all, if it gets damaged, what do I care? I won't be charged for the repair! Wheee! I'm going to go find some nails to run over! Oh, what fun!

That's sort of the idea behind it.

Hope this makes sense.

Greg