What does profile mean in this context??

Hi, teachers: I got a question:

Asset allocation is the primary determinant of the risk-return profile of the investment portfolio

I wonder what does the profile mean here?? I've looked it up in dictionary, but failed to match any of its meanings with the one in the above sentence. Can you help me with it?? Thanks:)

Wishes,
    Bird.

Re: What does profile mean in this context??

Asset allocation is the primary determinant of the risk-return profile of the investment portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by VividJailbird View Post
    Hi, teachers: I got a question:

I wonder what does the profile mean here?? I've looked it up in dictionary, but failed to match any of its meanings with the one in the above sentence. Can you help me with it?? Thanks:)

Wishes,
    Bird.
    I would say it applies to the definitions below. So a graph, a table, or any type of analysis that shows the "risk-return" of an investment portfolio is the investment portfolio's profile. Risk-return means the higher the return on an investment, the higher the risk is.

profile: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com

A formal summary or analysis of data, often in the form of a graph or table, representing distinctive features or characteristics: a psychological profile of a job applicant; a biochemical profile of blood.

Profile Definition | Definition of Profile at Dictionary.com

a verbal, arithmetical, or graphic summary or analysis of the history, status, etc., of a process, activity, relationship, or set of characteristics: a biochemical profile of a patient's blood; a profile of national consumer spending.