Results 1 to 2 of 2
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 1,636

    open exam or assessment for non-University graduate

    One who can't afford to enter University can still work very hard in self-studying his/her English. However, a lot of bosses just turn them down simply because the applicants are not university graduate, even the job nature is just purely tutoring English for a 4 years old kid.

    1) Are there open exam or assessment for non-University graduate to test for their English level that they can prove their English proficiency to the prospective employer?

    2) Are the result attained from the examinations organized by "Toffel" & "Cambridge' recognised internationally to judge one's English level?

    Tks / ju

  1. 1984law's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece

    • Join Date: Aug 2009
    • Posts: 104

    Re: open exam or assessment for non-University graduate

    Yes, There is a way to get a diploma that will allow you teaching English.
    It can be done through the British Council. I assume there is one departement in your country, perhaps even more than one, in the capital city of your country and maybe in an another large city.
    In order to get a permission to teach English, you should successfully pass the CPE exam. CPE stands for Certificate of Proficiency in English.

    Hope I have been of help.

Similar Threads

  1. I botched my exam
    By HaraKiriBlade in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-Apr-2008, 01:21
  2. open
    By siruss in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-Mar-2007, 17:03


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts