• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • Finland

and...and...

Please could you teach me the "and...and" in "the nature of health and illness and healing....." of the following context, i.e. health and illness? or illness and healing? :

.......The use of leeches and snake venom have been found to have a value in certain situations-but are used with great insight and delicacy now than in the past. But around this period the profession as a whole developed a srong case of "physics envy," wanting to embody the precision and predicatability characteristic of that science. If we begin at that historical moment and come forward to the present, we can sort out 3 historical eras that embody fundamentally different approaches to the nature of health and illness and healing:......"

Thank you for your time and help.

Yu Heci

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: and...and...

Quote Originally Posted by yuheci View Post
    Please could you teach me the "and...and" in "the nature of health and illness and healing....." of the following context, i.e. health and illness? or illness and healing? :

.......The use of leeches and snake venom have been found to have a value in certain situations-but are used with great insight and delicacy now than in the past. But around this period the profession as a whole developed a srong case of "physics envy," wanting to embody the precision and predicatability characteristic of that science. If we begin at that historical moment and come forward to the present, we can sort out 3 historical eras that embody fundamentally different approaches to the nature of health and illness and healing:......"

Thank you for your time and help.

Yu Heci
    I would write "...health, illness and healing..."