• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

please correct my text

The free storage period for the defective goods is from 24 to 28 August. We will send the delivery note to you today in order to save time. Per our forwarder advised that there has one pallet was broken after arrived in Hong Kong, please advise if you need appoint the surveyor for checking

We are not require the surveyor to checking the broken goods.

Smile Re: please correct my text

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    The free storage period for the defective goods is from 24 to 28 August. We will send the delivery note to you today in order to save time. Per our forwarder advised that there has one pallet was broken after arrived in Hong Kong, please advise if you need appoint the surveyor for checking

We are not require the surveyor to checking the broken goods.
    Here's my rewrite.

The free storage period for the defective goods is from 24 to 28 August. We will send the delivery note to you today in order to save time. Our forwarder has informed us that one pallet was broken after arriving in Hong Kong. Please, advise us if you need to appoint a surveyor to check the broken goods.

We are not required to provide a surveyor to check broken goods.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

In correcting this text, it's not absolutely clear what you mean. This sentence could be written two ways. It depends on what you mean or what they told you.

Our forwarder has informed us that one pallet was broken after arriving in Hong Kong.

Our forwarder has informed us that one pallet was broken upon arrival in Hong Kong.

upon arrival - broken at the time of arrival - when it got there - probably happened in transit

after arriving - broken after it arrived - not in transit - on the dock

If, in your business, someone has to absorb the cost, it's important to know when and where the pallet was damaged.
    Last edited by PROESL; 25-Aug-2009 at 03:24.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: please correct my text

Quote Originally Posted by PROESL View Post
    Here's my rewrite.

__________________________________________________ __________________

In correcting this text, it's not absolutely clear whether what you mean. This sentence could be written two ways. It depends on what you mean or what they told you.

Our forwarder has informed us that one pallet was broken after arriving in Hong Kong.

Our forwarder has informed us that one pallet was broken upon arrival in Hong Kong.

upon arrival - broken at the time of arrival - when it got there - probably happened in transit

after arriving - broken after it arrived - not in transit - on the dock

If, in your business, someone has to absorb the cost, it's important to know when and where the pallet was damaged.
    This is a very significant point because any insurrance of goods covers the damage in transit and not due to mishandling after arrival at the destination. So while reporting the damage to the Insurrer it is very important that the expression upon arrival should be used for making request to depute surveyor