1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

• Post Thanks / Like

help me please

Question 5 in Section 9 of Test 5
    Mc Graw Hill's 12 SAT Practice Test

The fact of the island's strong natural defenses made it a natural choice by the naval commander to station his ships there.
    a. The fact fo the island's strong natural defenses made it a natural choice by the naval commander to station his ships there.
    b. The naval commander chose to station his ships on the island because it had strong natural defenses.
    c. The island's strong natural defenses made the naval commander choose to station his ships on it.
    d. Due to its strong natural defenses, the naval commander stationed his ships on the island by choice.
    e. The island was the choice for the naval commander's stationing his ships because of its strong natural defenses

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: help me please

Quote Originally Posted by minhman View Post
    Question 5 in Section 9 of Test 5
    Mc Graw Hill's 12 SAT Practice Test

The fact of the island's strong natural defenses made it a natural choice by the naval commander to station his ships there.
    a. The fact fo the island's strong natural defenses made it a natural choice by the naval commander to station his ships there.
    b. The naval commander chose to station his ships on the island because it had strong natural defenses.
    c. The island's strong natural defenses made the naval commander choose to station his ships on it.
    d. Due to its strong natural defenses, the naval commander stationed his ships on the island by choice.
    e. The island was the choice for the naval commander's stationing his ships because of its strong natural defenses
    The correct sentence is b.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, sir.

In my opinion, choice b and c both are correct. Could you please tell me why we can't choose c as our answer?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minhman View Post
    Thank you, sir.

In my opinion, choice b and c both are correct. Could you please tell me why we can't choose c as our answer?
    c) is grammatically correct but it is a badly constructed sentence and reads awkwardly. b) is much better.