Cool help!

Dear friends, I have come across two phrases during my reading a bussiness artical. these two phrases are "play the interview game" and "bring the wrong person on board". anybody know them, please informe me as quickly as possible,I will greatly appricate your kindness.

Re: help!

Quote Originally Posted by max2001ine View Post
    Dear friends, I have come across two phrases during my reading a bussiness artical. these two phrases are "play the interview game" and "bring the wrong person on board". anybody know them, please informe me as quickly as possible,I will greatly appricate your kindness.
    They ask stupid questions at interviews sometimes in order to try to catch the person interviewing for a job off-guard or to try to "trick" the person in some way. However, many people come prepared to answer such stupid questions. So if you answer the stupid questions well, then you stand a good chance of getting the job - of getting on board with the company. Now, someone who is not prepared to play the interview game by being prepared to answer the stupid questions may not get the job even if they are a better candidate for it.

What are three of your weaknesses?

Three of my weaknesses!? Why should I give you three reasons to not hire me? I came here to get a job!

Now, with the "what are three of your weaknesses" question, they expect you to answer in such a way that you can admit to having weaknesses, but in your answer it's implicit that you're working to improve in these areas and maybe you can turn a weakness into a "positive thing" or "a good thing" by saying something like "I'm a perfectionist. I can't stop working on something until it's just right, and then I get all burnt out and I drive myself crazy sometimes". Or maybe you can say "I don't like to go on vacations and I never take lunchbreaks. My work always comes first even if I have had three nervous breakdowns from not relaxing enough. I'm the most loyal and dedicated worker in the world, and if you hire me, I'll prove it to you."

The part about not taking lunchbreaks and not going on vacation probably works better in the US than in Europe.

So you walk in having rehearsed all your answers for the manager that has rehearsed his or her questions for the "interview game", and maybe you'll get on board, that is if the person who does the hiring is playing the "interview game".
    Last edited by PROESL; 26-Aug-2009 at 07:08.

Sarcastic? Trying to be funny? Irreverent you might think? Or maybe not so far from reality.

As one of my students once said to me, "I need help answering these job interview questions the American way, or I don't have a chance at getting this job."

Quote Originally Posted by max2001ine View Post
    Here's something to take a look at that may prove helpful.

"behavioral interview" - Google Search

And here's something else.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...q=f&oq=&aqi=g9

And here's one more.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=