Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Mehrgan's Avatar
    Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 1,749

    Question Br term for MAJOR?

    Hi there,

    What's the most common usage for one's field of study, either in Univ or secondary school? Say, in a question like, 'What's your ...?'....and, is the word "course" a British choice in this case? Thanks a million...

    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434

    Re: Br term for MAJOR?

    At university: What degree are you reading for? What is your main subject?

    At secondary school: What are your main choices for your GCSEs?

Similar Threads

  1. [Grammar] Is newb a correct term?
    By Onlineuser1093852345 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-Feb-2009, 14:19
  2. term extension
    By jctgf in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-Jul-2008, 02:34
  3. In his first term or At its(his) first term?
    By Falcon in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-Nov-2006, 19:42
  4. Does anyone know the history of the term 'owlhoot?'
    By Celestina1810 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-Feb-2006, 05:52


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts