What are the most effective ways to...?

Dear all,
    I've got two questions:

1. What are the most effective ways to improve one's fluency?
    2. When I come across and learn a new word, how would I use it to my work? What are the things to take care of when using newly learned words? Sometimes I'm not sure if it would be grammatically correct in my sentences.

Thank you very much. Looking forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions.

Cheers!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

Smile Re: What are the most effective ways to...?

Quote Originally Posted by colorblindjunkee View Post
    Dear all,
    I've got two questions:

1. What are the most effective ways to improve one's fluency?
    2. When I come across and learn a new word, how would I use it to my work? What are the things to take care of when using newly learned words? Sometimes I'm not sure if it would be grammatically correct in my sentences.

Thank you very much. Looking forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions.

Cheers!
    Hello from France, I am 'The French', (I am not a teacher)

I have just read your questions about howyou can improve your level in English I think the best way, it's to make one or two hours by day.

You must listen the bbc radio UK and CNN in American (or another else if you want) to understand the different accent.

Try to read the Newspapers too and when you find a new word, search its meaning on the dictionnary and learn it in the context (rewrite the sentence in one paper to remember it).

The last think I can tell you, don't be afraid to use it with others people around you, if you mistake it's not grave.

If you can practice all days it is better. Don't give up, it's a long way, but one day you will see the light at the end of the channel (me too I am not very good in English but I try to make my best).

Have a nice and sunny day.

Re: What are the most effective ways to...?

Hey,
    Thank you very much for the suggestions. I do listen to BBC Radio and watch CNN & BBC. I must say it has helped me a lot. In addition to this, I also watch different genre of movies which too has helped me on my fluency and vocab.

Movies with subtitles makes a lot of difference. I've a lot of books but I feel lazy sometimes. I need to motivate myself often

I've to buckle myself up and start reading a lot of things. Hey, I need to correct you on one thing.

but one day you will see the light at the end of the channel
    I'm well sure it has to be "But one day you will see the light at the end of the tunnel"

Thanks once again for your valuable feedback.

Take care

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by colorblindjunkee View Post
    Hey,
    Thank you very much for the suggestions. I do listen to BBC Radio and watch CNN & BBC. I must say it has helped me a lot. In addition to this, I also watch different genre of movies which too has helped me on my fluency and vocab.

Movies with subtitles makes a lot of difference. I've a lot of books but I feel lazy sometimes. I need to motivate myself often

I've to buckle myself up and start reading a lot of things. Hey, I need to correct you on one thing.

I'm well sure it has to be "But one day you will see the light at the end of the tunnel"

Thanks once again for your valuable feedback.

Take care
    Yes, you are right it's " the light at the end of the tunnel".

Thanks bhaisahab