• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Equipments and softwares???

I found the following sentence on the website (Information Resources Center) of the state-run Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.

"We offer our equipments and softwares forleasing, troubleshootings of leased PCs, access to our facilities during service hours."

I do not think the above sentence is grammatically correct.
    I would like to suggest them the use of the following sentence. What do you think of this?

"Our facilities, installations, and loan services including the troubleshooting of software applications and PCs on loan are available during the service hours only."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: Equipments and softwares???

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
    I found the following sentence on the website (Information Resources Center) of the state-run Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.

"We offer our equipments and softwares forleasing, troubleshootings of leased PCs, access to our facilities during service hours."

I do not think the above sentence is grammatically correct.
    I would like to suggest them the use of the following sentence. What do you think of this?

"Our facilities, installations, and loan services including the troubleshooting of software applications and PCs on loan are available during the service hours only."
    "Our facilities, installations, and loan services, including the troubleshooting of software applications and PCs on loan, are available during the service hours only."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Brazilian Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Re: Equipments and softwares???

We don't count 'software' or 'hardware'.