Thumbs up IELTS WRITING PRACTISE---Please can someone revise it?

WRITING TASK

An English Ė speaking friend is coming to study at your college next year and has written asking for information and advice.
    Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:

• give advice about accommodation in the town
    • descrive the best thing about the college
    • offer to show your friend around the college

Write at keast 150 words

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Dear John,

Iím happy to know that youíve finally made the decision of studying here. Let me congratulate you for that.

I know youíll love the college. There a big fountain at the entrance just in front of the statue of Francis Caldas,who was the founder of the college. As in many places, there is also a cafeteria, but the best of all is that just behind it there is a gallery. That shows all the works made by students, even if they are not artists!
    When you get here Iíll show you this as well as the surrounding of the college. Itís got a natural view just for relaxing after a tiring day.

I was checking some places in town for you to accommodate, and there are 2 possibilities that I considered right for you. One is a single room 3 blocks far from college. The rent is $60 per month but you have to get your own food because there is no kitchen. The other one is a big room that you have to share with other 2 guys. Thatís $80 per month and itís got a kitchen and a livingroom.

I hope it would be helpful for you. See you at the airport.

Andrea Q

=====================================

Thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: IELTS WRITING PRACTISE---Please can someone revise it?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicGirl86 View Post
    WRITING TASK

An English – speaking friend is coming to study at your college next year and has written asking for information and advice.
    Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:

• give advice about accommodation in the town
    • descrive the best thing about the college
    • offer to show your friend around the college
    Write at keast 150 words

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Dear John,

I’m happy to know that you’ve finally decided to ( made the decision of) study (ing) here. Let me congratulate you for that.

I am sure ( know) you’ll love the college. There a big fountain at the entrance just in front of the statue of Francis Caldas ,who was the founder of the college. As in many places, there is also a cafeteria, and to top it off (but the best of all is that there) is a gallery just behind it. That exhibits/shows all the works made by students, even if they are not artists!
    When you get here I’ll show you this as well as the surrounding of the college. It has (got) a natural view ideal ( just) for relaxing after a tiring day.

I was checking some places in town for your ( to) accommodation, and located ( there are) 2 possibilities that I considered right for you. One is a single room 3 blocks away ( far) from college. The rent is $60 per month but you have to get your own food because there is no kitchen. The other one is a big room that you have to share with2 others( other 2 guys). It is (That’s) $80 per month and has ( it got) a kitchen and a living room.

I hope it would suit ( be helpful for) you. See you at the airport.

Andrea Q

Andrea Q

=====================================

Thanks
    Delete words underlined in brackets. You can ask if you have doubt as to the reasons for deletion
    Last edited by sarat_106; 29-Aug-2009 at 14:45.