will do

Hello

Backroads Media Center: Press Release
    BERKELEY, CA—When it comes to safety and comfort, Backroads believes that nothing but the best will do. With custom-made bikes (including a fleet of aluminum bikes for kids!) and gear designed for travelers of all ages and sizes, outfitting an entire family is a snap.

Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary
    ▪ I don't need any more cake, thank you. One piece will do. [=one piece is enough]

Do will do and will do mean the same thing?

Thank you.

Re: will do

Quote Originally Posted by Daruma View Post
    Hello

Backroads Media Center: Press Release
    BERKELEY, CA—When it comes to safety and comfort, Backroads believes that nothing but the best will do. With custom-made bikes (including a fleet of aluminum bikes for kids!) and gear designed for travelers of all ages and sizes, outfitting an entire family is a snap.

Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary
    ▪ I don't need any more cake, thank you. One piece will do. [=one piece is enough]

Do will do and will do mean the same thing?

Thank you.
    Yes, both can be paraphrased as "will be enough", "will be sufficient", "will be good enough".

I can see why you might think that there could be a slight difference in meaning, but we can't say the meaning of "will do" changes in the examples you provided for any practical reason. One use of "will do" refers to quantity and the other to quality. The meaning, however, remains the same. Perhaps it's colored slightly differently, but it's the same.

"... nothing but the best will do."

Does this mean "the best is the most important of all"?

Quote Originally Posted by Daruma View Post
    "... nothing but the best will do."

Does this mean "the best is the most important of all"?
    No, it doesn't mean "the best is most important". It means only the best is sufficient, or only the best is able to satisfy a particular need.

You could logically equate that which is only able to satisfy a particular need with that which is the most important. With that in mind, I understand your question, and I know where you're coming from.

Only the best medical treatment will do for her condition.

In such a case as this we could say the best is most important and that the best will only do - or the best will only satisfy a particular need, in this case, a medical need.