• Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

grammar of a sentence

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask if the second sentence in the following passage is written correctly:

Complicated deformations of the post-Soviet origin are, of course, also can be found, although as an exception only. At the same time, in the absence of proper reforms, a steady growth of their number can be forecasted explained by both political factors because of which they are not politically neutral a priori and by gross errors in the institutional-legal planning during the transition from the Soviet legal system to the systems of the western model.

I'm not sure about the following:
    1. Is it clear to native speakers that "explained" refers to "growth", i.e. the growth is/can be explained based on the political factors and on gross errors in institutional-legal planning.

2. Is "because of which" used correctly? The intended meaning is: These deformations are not politically neutral because of political factors.

3. And do I need a comma between forecasted and explained?
    Last edited by KLPNO; 02-Sep-2009 at 13:57.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: grammar of a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by KLPNO View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask if the second sentence in the following passage is written correctly:

Complicated deformations of the post-Soviet origin are, of course, also can be found, although as an exception only. At the same time, in the absence of proper reforms, a steady growth of their number can be forecasted explained by both political factors because of which they are not politically neutral a priori and by gross errors in the institutional-legal planning during the transition from the Soviet legal system to the systems of the western model.

I'm not sure about the following:
    1. Is it clear to native speakers that "explained" refers to "growth", i.e. the growth is/can be explained based on the political factors and on gross errors in institutional-legal planning.

2. Is "because of which" used correctly? The intended meaning is: These deformations are not politically neutral because of political factors.

3. And do I need a comma between forecasted and explained?

There are a lot of problems with this text I have highlighted some in red but really the whole thing needs to be rewritten.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Re: grammar of a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post

There are a lot of problems with this text I have highlighted some in red but really the whole thing needs to be rewritten.
    Thank you very much, bhaisahab! I was rephrasing the text several times before posting and I forgot to correct some things: of course also can be found (I removed "are");
    a steady growth of their numbers.