Student or Learner
Would you be kind enough to share with me your opinion concerning the feasibility of the following sentences?
1. I talked to him on the phone.
2. I have some telephoning to do first.
3. By the way, Jim, don’t forget to make that telephone call.
4. She found a glass-telephone booth.
5. Guy telephoned Mrs. Carter from a glass-walled booth while Rosemary, outside, tried to lip-read.
6. How’s for giving me a break?
7. We were talking until my nickels ran out.
8. We’re running out of petrol.
9. The doctors have given him up.
10. I had given you up.
11. Susan hung up as the dime fell into the coin-return box.
12. He picked up the phone and dialed.
13. I’m trying Gil and Louise but their line keeps being busy.
14. There was a silence on the line.
15. He was still holding his palm over the mouthpiece.
16. I have gone off motoring.
17. I caught my foot on a root.
18. The lock won’t catch.
19. I try to get you by telephone.
20. I don’t know where he has got to.
Thank you for your efforts.
Last edited by vil; 04-Sep-2009 at 15:50.