Student or Learner
Would you be kind enough to revise the following sentences?
1. Shoes smell because of bacteria and fungus
2. Money has no smell of powder.
3. These compounds add to the smell, taste, and appearance of the beverage.
4. There is a smell of corruption.
5. There is a smell of treachery.
6. The all affair smells of plotting.
7. We have to smell the ground.
8. He smelt trouble and ran.
9. It smells of the lamp.
10. This bargain smells to the high heaven.
11. His explanation definitely smells fishy; my guess is that he's lying.
12. I smelled of the shop.
13. The lovesick, the betrayed, and the jealous all smell alike.
14. When the policeman saw a light go on in the store at midnight, he smelled a rat.
15. When I didn't hear any more from my girl-friend, I began to smell a rat.
16. Every time Tom visits me, one of my ashtrays disappears. I'm beginning to smell a rat.
17. Breathing the smell of field and grove.
18. That which, above all others, yields the sweetest smell in the air, is the violet.
19. A skunk smelled up our yard last night
20. Mr. Brodsky's cigar smelled up the living room.
21. Please don't smoke, your cigarettes smell up the car
21. Can you smell him out by that?
22. He has a strategy ability for smelling out a mystery.
23. From that time forward I began to smell the Word of God, and forsook the school doctors.
Thank you for your efforts.
Here are a few synonyms of the term in question namely: alter, amend, change, correct, edit, review.
You may make your emendation in my sentences in case of need.
I beg your pardon for my unclear point in my original post.