• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Question stumbled uncertainly in his slipstream

Waterhouse on Monday and Thursday was a must-read for millions. For Keith, it was a must-write. While his exemplary copy continued to flow, he was indestructible.

His frail body disguised a ferocious work ethic and dedication to duty stretching back over half a century.
    Those of us who have stumbled uncertainly in his slipstream remain in awe of his genius. To his readers, he was a friend. To his friends, he was an inspiration.
    Could someone rephrase the words I highlighted in blue? I don't understand it. Thanks.

Re: stumbled uncertainly in his slipstream

His frail body disguised a ferocious work ethic and dedication to duty stretching back over half a century.
    Those of us who have stumbled uncertainly in his slipstream remain in awe of his genius.

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Could someone rephrase the words I highlighted in blue? I don't understand it. Thanks.
    Consider the mighty power of a Boeing 757's slipstream, the turbulence created by the passing of such a behemoth [Waterhouse]. And you, thedaffodils or some other writer, piloting a little Cessna 182, captured in this turbulence [greatness].