• Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Post english unsatisfied

Good morning,
    I`m an italian boy who living in Ireland. I`d like to take the FCE but I think I`m not ready yet. I found this website and I started to study by myself the phrasal verbs. Also I`m not sure about my grammar style.
    Now is already 2 years for me in an english country but still I`m not satisfied for my english as a second language.
    How I can improve it? My level in this moment is upper-intermediate(last english course said) but for me is still elementary, because I`m always scared about my mistakes.
    I don`t have any problem if I have to do the spelling but I have difficult to understand for example the spelling for another person.
    How is possible?
    What kind of exercise can I do for take more confidence with the english language?

Thanks a lot to everybody

Re: english unsatisfied

One of the most effective ways to improve your fluency is to read books (that interest you very much) in English. Choose books which have a lot of conversation between characters.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Thanks I will do this, and hope would be better

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Quote Originally Posted by tangoku View Post
    Good morning,
    I`m an italian boy who living in Ireland. I`d like to take the FCE but I think I`m not ready yet. I found this website and I started to study by myself the phrasal verbs. Also I`m not sure about my grammar style.
    Now is already 2 years for me in an english country but still I`m not satisfied for my english as a second language.
    How I can improve it? My level in this moment is upper-intermediate(last english course said) but for me is still elementary, because I`m always scared about my mistakes.
    I don`t have any problem if I have to do the spelling but I have difficult to understand for example the spelling for another person.
    How is possible?
    What kind of exercise can I do for take more confidence with the english language?

Thanks a lot to everybody
    Senza offesa, ma se questo č il tuo livello dopo due anni in un paese di lingua inglese, in che condizioni (linguistiche) sei arrivato in Irlanda?
    Partecipa a questi forum, vedrai che qualche risultato arriverā!
    Keep up the good work and...the best of luck to you!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

If you want to take FCE, then you really must get to know the exam in detail before doing it; some of the exercises require some practice to be able to do them well, so get some past papers.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Senza offesa, ma se questo č il tuo livello dopo due anni in un paese di lingua inglese, in che condizioni (linguistiche) sei arrivato in Irlanda?
    Partecipa a questi forum, vedrai che qualche risultato arriverā!

Keep up the good work and...the best of luck to you!
    @wace
    My english level when I came to Ireland was very bad this is true, but this is not the correct welcome from you to incourage a newbie to improve. You are a teacher and I will take your precious advise to follow this forum.
    I didn`t have time in the past months for reply to this discussion, because I was very sad to receive the first message from one italian teacher in italian language.
    I`m very proud of me because is not easy going to a foreign country without a good knowledge of the language but now after two and half year I`m here again and I want to do the best for improve.
    If you want correct my mystake you are welcome to do but please not in Italian language, because otherwise we can move this discussion to other language, but I`m here for learn from my mistake.