Question number of students in the classroom

I'm teaching in a high school but I have a problem with two groups. There are 30 students in one of them and 32 in the other. The principal and the academic of the school doesn't understand that the class is too big to have oral practices or exercises with the students. Could you help me to find or give me some ideas or methods to teach english, mainly in the oral exercises, in groups with 30 students? or Could you help me to find an information based in a research to show my bosses and maybe they could understand that the groups are too big to teach english and mainly conversation english?

THANKS

Re: number of students in the classroom

Quote Originally Posted by Beatriz AvilÚs View Post
    I'm teaching in a high school but I have a problem with two groups. There are 30 students in one of them and 32 in the other. The principal and the academic of the school doesn't understand that the class is too big to have oral practices or exercises with the students. Could you help me to find or give me some ideas or methods to teach english, mainly in the oral exercises, in groups with 30 students? or Could you help me to find an information based in a research to show my bosses and maybe they could understand that the groups are too big to teach english and mainly conversation english?

THANKS
    Divide them into three groups of ten. Assign a group leader to each one. Get them started on some sort of speaking activity. Walk around the classroom and monitor each group. Listen and take notes on what they say. At the end of the activity, show the errors on the board and have a question-answer session. Don't identify anyone whose errors you heard, of course.

You could also have five groups of six.

You could also have group presentations. Assign homework in which each group has to work together on a presentation.

Re: number of students in the classroom

In my country, we often have a class of over 30 students and don't have enough necessary equipment to enjoy a good oral lesson. We need to practice listening by ourselves at home with the help of the Internet. I think one solution is that you can advice your students to study themselves beside attending the class.