1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

please help me

hello.
    (A national television station broadcast a programme about the town/city where you live.you found the information in the programme badly represented the area and you have decided to write to the programme the producers in order to comlain) so i must write the formal letter i dont know how, because english isn't my first language.please help me i dont know what to do

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Re: please help me

Quote Originally Posted by linutea View Post
    hello.
    (A national television station broadcast a programme about the town/city where you live.you found the information in the programme badly represented the area and you have decided to write to the programme the producers in order to comlain) so i must write the formal letter i dont know how, because english isn't my first language.please help me i dont know what to do

Hello,

What you must do is to follow a formal register.This means to use advanced vocabulary, full forms and polite language.Avoid contractions,phrasal verbs and incoherent speech.Also don't forget to use indirect questions and to divide your letter into clear paragraphs.

You can start with the postal addresses and continue with Dear Sir or Madam.You have to leave one or two lines and then to begin your introduction.Here you should mention the reason that you are writing the letter and who you are.One set phrase that you could write is 'I am writing to complain about...'After the introduction, you have to analyze all of your complaints using specific arguments and basic details and supporting your views.At this point, it would be wise to use two or three, different paragraphs.Finally, you will have to close your letter,by stating what actions you are expecting.To do this, you can write 'in view of these problems,I feel that.....'One last thing to do is to use a set phrase like 'I look forward to receiving your reply'.You end your letter with 'yours faithfully,full name'.

I hope this helps.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

Smile Re: please help me

Quote Originally Posted by linutea View Post
    hello.
    (A national television station broadcast a programme about the town/city where you live.You found the information in the programme badly represented the area and you have decided to write to the programme the producers in order to complain) so I must write the formal letter I dont know how, because English isn't my first language.Please help me I dont know what to do
    Hello I am not a teacher,
    I am just a beginner but I believe you can try first by youself and after perhaps teacher and this topic will help you.

Have a nice day.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Re: please help me

for SOP: thanks a lot for the help.