writing english

Hi friends,

I have just become a new member and having lot of questions. I have just arrived in UK. I have joined a job since June and it requires fluent english in terms of writing, speaking and understanding.

My problem is sometimes I can not understand the accent of other person either on phone or face to face. I also have some problmes with regards to writing certain sentences properly like i make mistakes in arrangements of words in sentence. At the same time I find some difficulty in speaking english in terms of explaining certain things to my collegues or to the clients. Its not that i am not able to speak or write english but I want to improve it.

Please help me with this. I know that i should listen and read english regularly. Do any body has any english audio that i should listen?

Thank you,
    Rameshwari Gajjar

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: writing english

Quote Originally Posted by rameshwari gajjar View Post
    Hi friends,

I have just become a new member and having lot of questions. I have just arrived in UK. I have joined a job since June and it requires fluent english in terms of writing, speaking and understanding.

My problem is sometimes I can not understand the accent of other person either on phone or face to face. I also have some problmes with regards to writing certain sentences properly like i make mistakes in arrangements of words in sentence. At the same time I find some difficulty in speaking english in terms of explaining certain things to my collegues or to the clients. Its not that i am not able to speak or write english but I want to improve it.

Please help me with this. I know that i should listen and read english regularly. Do any body has any english audio that i should listen?

Thank you,
    Rameshwari Gajjar
    You dont need any specific audio, you have the audio playing around you 24*7. It will take time to get used to the native accent. may be you can practice by watching British movies with english sub titles, it can help you to understand what they meant and you can then get fimiliar with the sounds and phrases, you have the option of replaying the conversation which you you dont have otherwise...

You can send me a personal message and provide your email add, I will mail you some audio clips with written transcripts..