• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

out of exsiting inventory

Hello,

If I would say that businesses are filling new orders out of existing inventory, is it also correct to say that "businesses are filling new order with existing inventory"? or fill new orders from existing inventory? if not, what is the difference?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: out of exsiting inventory

Quote Originally Posted by idiotmike View Post
    Hello,

If I would say that businesses are filling new orders out of existing inventory, is it also correct to say that "businesses are filling new order with existing inventory"? or fill new orders from existing inventory? if not, what is the difference?
    In business, Inventory means: A complete listing of merchandise or stock on hand, which includes work in progress, raw materials, finished goods on hand, etc. at any time in a year by a business concern that is engaged in both manufacturing and trading. So if we say Inventory as 31st March’09, it is a complete list of all items underlined as above with their cost. If you are doing only trading, the inventory constitutes only finished stock from which you execute or supply against orders. In other wards, it is a parameter to indicate your capability to execute the quantum of orders (in hand or new/coming).

So in your sentence, "businesses are (filling) filled with new order (for execution/supply) from out of the (with) existing inventory.
    If some one comes and asks you; will you supply me all the items against this order? And if all are not available with you, you can answer; no, at the moment I have sufficient orders on hand, this is a new order and I can not supply from out of the existing inventory.

"with new order from out of the existing inventory" is correct.
    Last edited by sarat_106; 21-Sep-2009 at 04:21.