Cool ask a teacher

Dear friends and teachers,the following sentences are quoted from the New Insight into Business:
    When you have urgent payments to make, the CHAPS function enables you to send funds for same-day credit subject to a cut-off time of 3:00 P.m.
    this passage make me confused and I really need your help.I hope that someone can explain the sentences using simple words.

Re: ask a teacher

Quote Originally Posted by max2001ine View Post
    Dear friends and teachers,the following sentences are quoted from the New Insight into Business:
    When you have urgent payments to make, the CHAPS function enables you to send funds for same-day credit subject to a cut-off time of 3:00 P.m.
    this passage make me confused and I really need your help.I hope that someone can explain the sentences using simple words.
    You can use the CHAPS function to make payments that will be credited to your account on the very same day.

But only if you do it before 3pm.

If you send funds AFTER 3pm, the payment will be credited to your account the next day.

The sentence is missing a bit of punctuation. It would have been better if it had been written like this:
    When you have urgent payments to make, the CHAPS function enables you to send funds for same-day credit (subject to a cut-off time of 3:00 P.m.)