1. karimghallab

How to be profitional English teacher?

I am going to be an English teacher in my country i need your advices to be profition in English and how to practise and speak English with others

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: How to be profitional English teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by karimghallab View Post
    I am going to be an English teacher in my country i need your advices to be profition in English and how to practise and speak English with others
    Start by studying indefinite articles and looking for words better than "profitional" and "profition".

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Smile Re: How to be profitional English teacher?

you have to love this profession or career at first >>>

also you can write in google the tips to be a good or professional teacher

another thing you can make renewal ideas to make all students love this subject and to break the boring lessons try and try to reach to ur aims or goals in ur life plz don't give up

if i got anything i will tell u >>>

good luck

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I agree with true will. But what I was trying to say is that you must also be an eternal English student. To teach English it is important to keep on studying English.
    That is exactly what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by karimghallab View Post
    Without wanting to sound too critical, I think you have a long way to go before you should teach English to students, specifically learning correct grammar and how to spell. Given the current level of English you've demonstrated, you'd be doing more harm than good, in my opinion.

That aside, the majority of teaching positions will require you to have studied for a Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) qualification. These vary in length from 4 week intense courses to 3 year degree programmes. My personal opinion is that it is impossible to learn how to teach anyone anything in only 4 weeks and the longer courses will involve teaching placements allowing you to gain valuable experience.

The 2 main certificated programmes are provided by TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) and CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) provided by the University of Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages department. You can also take online courses but I would not recommend these are there is no substitute for hands-on experience and practical sessions.

I hope this has helped to answer your question and apologies if my reply seems slightly harsh; I'm of the strong opinion that teacher quality is of upmost importance and during my time overseas I've seen many bad teachers passing bad habits to students. For more info, feel free to drop me a PM on this board and I'll do my up-most to help you on your way.

Daniel
    ----
    blog: uk student news and events
    Last edited by djones6; 24-Sep-2009 at 22:54. Reason: spelling edit