Can you please look at these sentences using the PAST CONTINUOUS and match them to their uses.
1) At 8.15 p.m. I was having dinner. (is it E)
2) We were playing dominoes and talking about politics. (is it A)
3) I was watching TV when I heard a loud bang. (is it D)
4) She was preparing for her classes all evening. (is it B)
5) We were leaving the next day. (is it C )
a) Two continuous actions happening at the same time
b) A continuous action covering a period of time
c) An action which was in progress, but began before a specified time
d) Something interrupting a continuous action
e) An arrangement in the past.
Last edited by tonyheaney; 29-Sep-2009 at 02:48. Reason: just needed to delete a typo
Last edited by sarat_106; 29-Sep-2009 at 08:03.