1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Help with grammar on this text

Hi! Can someone help me correcting the grammar on this text. I am trying to do it by my self but I am not that sure how it should be.
    Tank you!

Reflection of Pete Rock's performance about the economic depression

I think it was very interesting to hear about the economic depression from an American person, I have heard a lot about it from Swedish media but never from someone from another country.
    I think it was very interesting to hear about the economic depression from an American person, I have heard a lot about it from Swedish media, but never from someone from another country.

I have heard about the bank crisis but never about that people where buying houses even if they didn't had enough amount of money.
    I have heard about the banking crisis but never about that people where buying houses even if they did not had enough amount of money.
    I think that it is stupid that people are trying to convince other people to buy things they can't afford.
    I think that it is stupid that people are trying to convince other people to buy things they can not afford.
    It's better to buy things that you have money for or can pay back for later on in life.
    It's better to buy things that you have money for or can pay back for later on in life.
    But if you buy a house when you now that you need to win on Lotto to have enough of money, I think you are just stupid.
    But if you buy a house when you now that you need to win on Lotto to have enough of money, I think you are just stupid.

It was interesting to hear about how experts can tell us abut the future.
    Of course I always had known that they can't tell the exact truth, but for me it had seems like they nearly always have right.
    Of course I always had known that they can not tell the exact truth, but for me it seems like they had nearly always have right.
    But if they can collect a lot of data and then put it together and analyse it, I think that a lot of more people can do nearly as god analyses as these “experts”.
    But if they can collect a lot of data and then put it together and analyze it, I think that a lot of more people can do nearly as well as analyzes these "experts".

When Pete started to ask what we were thinking about our own future and what will happen I start to think about a lot of horrible things, like he said that maybe China will control the world in 50 years.
    When Pete started to ask what we were thinking about our own futures and what will happen I start to think about a lot of horrible things, like he said that maybe China will control the world in 50 years.
    When I heard that I just felt “no, will the whole world be like China then?”.
    When I heard that I just felt 'no, will the whole world be like China then? ".
    Sometimes it's just horrible to think about the future, I want to live in the life now and not just thinking about the future.
    Sometimes it's just horrible to think about the future, I want to live in the life now and not just thinking about the future.
    Even if I can understand why you need to do that!
    Even if I can understand why you need to do that!

Re: Help with grammar on this text

[QUOTE=mRNA;520037]Hi! Can someone help me correcting the grammar on this text. I am trying to do it by my self but I am not that sure how it should be.
    Tank you!

Reflection of Pete Rock's performance about the economic depression

I think it was very interesting to hear about the economic depression from an American person, I have heard a lot about it from Swedish media but never from someone from another country.
    I think it was very interesting to hear about the economic depression from an American person, I have heard a lot about it from Swedish media, but never from someone from another country.
    > run on sentence. Change the comma after "person" to a period.
    > "an American person" sounds odd
    > delete "very" on the grounds that it is not adding a thing
    > THE media
    I think (or more often, "thought") it was interesting to hear about the economic depression from an American. I have heard a lot about it from the Swedish media, but never from someone from another country.

I have heard about the bank crisis but never about that people where buying houses even if they didn't had enough amount of money.
    I have heard about the banking crisis but never about that people where buying houses even if they did not had enough amount of money.
    > banking crisis
    > not both "about" and "that"
    > did not HAVE enough money
    > "enough money" not "enough amount of money"
    > "were" not "where"
    > "when" not "if"
    > comma after "crisis"

I have heard about the banking crisis, but never about people buying houses even when they don't have enough money.

I have heard about the banking crisis, but never that people were buying houses even when they didn't have enough money.

I think that it is stupid that people are trying to convince other people to buy things they can't afford.
    I think that it is stupid that people are trying to convince other people to buy things they can not afford.
    No significant difference

> "pay back" is usually "repay"
    > But this context seems to be about buying things on credit
    > That is called "pay off"
    > have THE money for
    > We don't expect to pay off credit "later on in life." We pay off loans "shortly." Mortgages are paid off over the course of 20 years, not after an interval of 20 years.
    It's better to buy things you have the money for or that you can pay off rapidly.
    It's better to buy a house only when you know you can pay off the mortgage.

> "know" not "now"
    > ""hit the lottery" not "win on Lotto"
    > "enough money" not "enough OF money"
    But if you buy a house when you know that you'll need to hit the lottery to have enough money, I think you are just stupid.

> Delete the "about" after "hear"
    It was interesting to hear how experts can tell us about the future.

Of course I always had known that they can't tell the exact truth, but for me it had seems like they nearly always have right.
    Of course I always had known that they can not tell the exact truth, but for me it seems like they had nearly always have right.
    > I have always known
    > for me it HAS always SEEMED
    > "that" not "like"
    > they nearly always are right
    > delete "for me"
    Of course I have always known that they can't tell the exact truth, but it has always seemed that they are nearly always right.
    NOTE: Predictions aren't "telling the truth" but are "predicting the future exactly"
    Of course I have always known that they can't predict the future exactly, but it has always seemed that they are nearly always right.

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Re: Help with grammar on this text

Thank You very much :)