• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Kuwait
      • Current Location:
      • Kuwait

Post Urgent

Hi everybody, Are the underlined verb forms in this passage correct? please check them for me
    LIFE WITHOUT CAR
    My wife, Joan, was away. She has gone to Hong Kong. She has stayed with her sister there for a week. I sold the car the day after she left. She did not know that I had sold it. At first everything was fine. I didn't need the car. I went to work by train, not by car. I have always enjoyed my journey to work and I have not regretted selling the car. But then …
    Weeks ago, some friends on the other side of London invited me for a meal. I forgot all about it. I couldn't get there without a car.
    ‘I have not got a car', I told them on the phone. ‘I can't get there'.
    'That's OK,’ they said. ‘Well, come to you.
    Fine. Except that I can't cook. Well, I have learned to cook but I have never made a meal for other people.
    My friends arrived at seven o'clock. They didn't finish their meal. They left at nine.
    Next day, as I was having a shower, the phone rang.
    ‘Hello, it's me, Joan. I am phoning from Heathrow Airport ‘, she said.
    ‘Joan! Your flight will not get in until tomorrow evening. What are you doing at Heathrow Airport?’
    ‘I caught an earlier flight. I've got lots of luggage. Can you pick me up at the airport?'

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by fuadha View Post
    Hi everybody, Are the underlined verb forms in this passage correct? please check them for me
    LIFE WITHOUT CAR
    My wife, Joan, was away. She had gone to Hong Kong. She stayed with her sister there for a week. I sold the car the day after she left. She did not know that I had sold it. At first everything was fine. I didn't need the car. I went to work by train, not by car. I have always enjoyed my journey to work and I had not regretted selling the car. But then …
    Weeks ago, some friends on the other side of London invited me for a meal. I had forgotten all about it. I couldn't get there without a car.
    ‘I have not got a car', I told them on the phone. ‘I can't get there'.
    'That's OK,’ they said. ‘Well, come to you.
    Fine. Except that I can't cook. Well, I learned to cook but I have never made a meal for other people.
    My friends arrived at seven o'clock. They didn't finish their meal. They left at nine.
    Next day, as I was having a shower, the phone rang.
    ‘Hello, it's me, Joan. I am phoning from Heathrow Airport ‘, she said.
    ‘Joan! Your flight doesn't get in until tomorrow evening. What are you doing at Heathrow Airport?’
    ‘I caught an earlier flight. I've got lots of luggage. Can you pick me up at the airport?'
    Bhai.