• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Kindly check my paragraph

I really appreciate the greatest business icon, Mr. Ratan Tata, a gentleman who carries an aura of integrity and discipline along with him. The core aim of every business is making profit for organization. But this great persona, has always taken social elements and fabrication into consideration, before making any major business decision, profit been the secondary priority. Accepted, every business house talks about social responsibility towards society, but how many does really implement it? I remember his word at the launch of TATA Nano, the world’s cheapest car, “a promise is a promise”. At the time of recession, when big business houses tumbling like a pack of cards, when others are axing their work force to survive. He didn’t blink his eyes once, he was dedicatedly committed towards his mission to launch world’s cheapest car and that too at the price which was promised. He is a man with real character, who emanates the values which rarely any great business man possesses. I salute his values from core of my heart.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Kindly check my paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    I really appreciate/regard the greatest business icon, Mr. Ratan Tata, a gentleman who carries an aura of integrity and discipline along with him. The (core) chief aim of every business is to make (making) profit for organization. But this great persona, has always taken social elements and fabrication/social and personal development into primary consideration, before making any major business decision, and profit has been his (the) second (dary) priority. Accepted, every business house talks about ethics of purpose and social responsibility (towards society), but how many do (es) really implement it? I remember his words at the launch of TATA Nano, the world’s cheapest car, “a promise is a promise”. At this time of recession, when big business houses are tumbling like a pack of cards, when others are axing their work force to survive, he didn’t blink his eyes once, he was dedicatedly committed towards his mission to launch world’s cheapest car and that too at the price which was promised. He is a man of (with real) good moral character, who emanates the values which rarely any great business man possesses. I salute his values from the core of my heart.
    Delete words in brackets. You can use the expression in red in place of the underlined, if it sounds good to you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: Kindly check my paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    Delete words in brackets. You can use the expression in red in place of the underlined, if it sounds good to you.
    The chief aim of every business is to make (making) profit for organization.

kindly explain is i am wrong in using to making instead of to make. Please explain me grammar rule applied here

Regards,

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Kindly check my paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    The chief aim of every business is to make (making) profit for organization.

kindly explain is i am wrong in using to making instead of to make. Please explain me grammar rule applied here

Regards,
    There is no grammatical mistake. As 'is'(be) is a liking verb as well as a helping verb, the gerund form acts as the main verb instead of a subject complement. So it slightly differs in meaning. Look at the following setences.

He is playing for his team. (At the moment he included in the team, what will happen in future no body can say)

His main aim is to play for his team. (the aim is now and for future also)