HELP with takehome assignment

So im doing a take home answer sheet and I dont know if I miss something but there are 4 questions and one sentence and Im not understand any of the Object of preposition or Complete Subject or Complete Predicate these and the 4 questions Ive been at this for 3 hours I finished the rest of the take home but its looking like next week these 4 questions will be guesses or un answered. Can you explain to me what it means so I can answer these Please and thank you !!

4) Scott and his son Jon were imprisoned in a great maze.
    A) Object of a prepostion B) Complete Predicate C) Complete Subject D) Independent Clause

5) Scott and his son Jon were imprisoned in a great maze.
    A) Complete Predicate B) Adverb Phrase C) Simple Predicate D) Verbal

6) Scott and his son Jon were imprisoned in a great maze.
    A) Noun Clause B) Gerund Phrase C) Prepositional Clause D) Prepositional Phrase

7) He made Scott and Jon a pair of wings.
    A) Direct Object B) Simple Subject C) Indirect Object D) Object of preposition

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: HELP with takehome assignment

Quote Originally Posted by LAMC View Post
    So im doing a take home answer sheet and I dont know if I miss something but there are 4 questions and one sentence and Im not understand any of the Object of preposition or Complete Subject or Complete Predicate these and the 4 questions Ive been at this for 3 hours I finished the rest of the take home but its looking like next week these 4 questions will be guesses or un answered. Can you explain to me what it means so I can answer these Please and thank you !!

4) Scott and his son Jon were imprisoned in a great maze.
    A) Object of a prepostion B) Complete Predicate C) Complete Subject D) Independent Clause

5) Scott and his son Jon were imprisoned in a great maze.
    A) Complete Predicate B) Adverb Phrase C) Simple Predicate D) Verbal

6) Scott and his son Jon were imprisoned in a great maze.
    A) Noun Clause B) Gerund Phrase C) Prepositional Clause D) Prepositional Phrase

7) He made Scott and Jon a pair of wings.
    A) Direct Object B) Simple Subject C) Indirect Object D) Object of preposition
    Is there some reason you can't do a web search for these terms? eg. "Complete Subject". There are plenty of easily accessible pages that explain what these things mean.
    You haven't learnt these in class; you haven't learnt them during your homework, and you won't learn them if someone gives you the answers.

Here's a hint: a complete predicate is a type of predicate; a complete subject is a type of subject. (So, if it's not a subject, you can rule out Complete Subject).

Why not repost after you've ruled out some of the options? Say what you think the answer is, and why. People are more likely to help you if you've shown that you've tried.