• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

Re: Why do i have problems?

Hello LauraHunter,

I am not a teacher, but maybe you can write for us a paragraph and after the teachers on this site can examine how do you construct it, and then they show you the way to perfect you writting skill.

I think it's the better think to make.

Have a nice day.

Re: Why do i have problems?

Quote Originally Posted by LauraHunter View Post
    Ive only just left school and i'm working towards my NVQ Level 2

But when i write a paragraph i tend to not make sense :(

I don't understand i function that way.

Can Anyone help?
    because you sound kinda choppy when you write

Look

I've just left school and i'm working towards my NVQ Level 2
    don't use only and just in the same sentence (redundant)

But when i write a paragraph i tend not to make sense :(

I don't understand why i function that way.

just read quite a few time what you write, see if you somehow are missing words, or thought you have write something that you really didn't (trust me it happens) while you are writing you are thinking in you head what you want to say, but sometimes you think you have written it, but you really haven't you just thought about it.

try first reading your paragrp backward to look for misspellings and gramatical errors, then read it again (not backwarsd this time obviuously) to see how each sentence flaw, and it they fit well where they are in the paragraph.

also, don't just sit there and start writing, Writing is a rpocess, you have to plan it ahead, there are several spets you are supposed to undergo, before you even put oa pen on a paper.

the first thing you need to do is to decie de topic of tha paragraph, afterwards, you are going to need a central ideal, something like a sentence that describe the topic. Once you know your topic and sentral idea, start brainstorming in a different sheet about anything that is related with the topic you pick. Once you have at least 10 ideas related to your topic, you start grouping them according to the order of inportance, pick at least 3 of those ideas to be the main point in the paragraph, use the remaing ideas as supporting details and eliminate the ones you think are goint ot be defficult to explain or relate to teh topic. Once you have all that, you can start planing the structure of the paragraph; come up with 2 or 3 a topic sentences, which are going to be your introduction, state your ideas, and explain them thoroughly, give examples, quotes, or cite something from a book or other source. the paraphrase you introduction in at least two sentences, and the write a last sentence about what you think would be a good suggesting or advice about your topic, and that would be your conclusion.

NOTE: use sophisticated BUT NOT old-fashioned words, don't be too simple (like using words like good, cool, and fine to describe something)but don't be to fancy. Do not repeat a word more than 3 times, use a thesaurus if you don't know a synonym. Sometimes simple is the hardest thing to be. Use a lot of "transition words" to add fluidity to your sentences, words like: such as, therefore, however, due to, although, in spite of, hence. And don't you wordy or catchy phrases like per ser or whatsoever/at all