Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Telugu
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 124

    child nagging to go with a parent

    Can you kindly give me a verb for the following?

    It is common sight that a child would want to accompany the parent or an elderly person to wherever the latter goes. If the latter does not take the child with him, the child would be left fretting.

    I want a verb for the act of the child described in the bold format.

  2. Ouisch's Avatar
    Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2006
    • Posts: 4,142

    Re: child nagging to go with a parent

    In AmE, rather than saying "parent or elderly person," we would probably say "parent or caretaker." ("Caretaker" refers to whomever is minding the child at the time - a grandparent, an aunt or uncle, a babysitter, etc.)

    It is a common sight - a child wants to accompany his parent or caretaker wherever they go and cries and whines if he is left behind.

Similar Threads

    By lindalinda1228 in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-Oct-2009, 02:13
  2. [Essay] Being the only Child in the Family
    By TwistedSister18 in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-Jul-2008, 12:31
  3. a child and his...
    By navi tasan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2007, 10:48
  4. Informative Abstract
    By bmbsa in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-Mar-2004, 14:59


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts