• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Please check paragraph for grammar

Ego centric, Egoism, Egoist and Ego. What is common between these three? They all are weapons of self destruction rather I should say mass destruction of your value, discipline and integrity. Let us term them E-Class people. To be a successful, a person should welcome all criticism and feedbacks from others with an open arm, and this is the biggest obstacle for the E – class people. Dare you pin point any negative aspect about their personality, or the way of work. You can exactly see smoldering exiting from there ears

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Please check paragraph for grammar

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    Egotistic (Ego centric), Egoism, Egoist and Ego. What is common between these four (three)? They all are weapons of self destruction rather I should say mass destruction of your value, discipline and integrity. Let us term them as E-Class people. To be (a) successful, a person should welcome all criticism and feedbacks from others with an open arm/mind, and this is the biggest obstacle for simple acceptance by the E – class people. Dare you to pin point any negative aspect about their personality, or the way of work, you can exactly/ precisely see how smoldering sparks/smoke exit (ing) from their ears
    Egocentric an adjective is replaced by Egotistic as other three are nouns. Some additions and alternate suggestions have been made in red.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: Please check paragraph for grammar

Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    Egocentric an adjective is replaced by Egotistic as other three are nouns. Some additions and alternate suggestions have been made in red.
    Thanks for your kind help...here is continuity of the para please give me suggestion if any

I have come across so many such personalities in my professional life, it becomes even more difficult for you to concentrate on the work, if the person to whom you are reporting possesses such traits. It is extremely dangerous to work in such atmosphere, it hampers your productivity and rust your core skills. But it also taught me that ‘Be Yourself’, is the best counter attack for such circumstances. The person who have weapon of mass destruction (egoist person) in its armory, does not ever realizes that he is restricting its own growth, he is blocking its own potential. Another greatest trait they possess is that they can not see others success. Again they do not realize that getting jealous for others success is not going to do any good for them, indeed they are containing there own growth. Why to waste our own time and energy by viewing others success as our failure? Be yourself and commit yourself achieving your own goals.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Please check paragraph for grammar

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    Thanks for your kind help...here is continuity of the para please give me suggestion if any
    I have come across (so) many such personalities in my professional life, and it becomes (even) more than difficult for you to concentrate on (the) work, if the person to whom you are reporting /your boss happens to possess (es) such traits. At times it is extremely dangerous to work in such an atmosphere, as it hampers your productivity and decreases/rust your core skills. But it also taught me to persist in (that) ‘Be Yourself’. It is the best counter attack under (for) such circumstances. The person who has (ve) weapon of mass destruction (egoist person) in its armory, can never (does not ever) realize (s) that he is restricting his (its) own growth, and (he is) blocking (its) own potential. Another greatest trait that they possess, is intolerance to (that they can not) see others success. Here again they do not realize that getting jealous for others success is not going to do any good for them, which in reality (indeed they are) contains (ing there own) their growth. Why should one (to) waste his (our own) time and energy by viewing others success as our failure? Be yourself and commit yourself achieving your own goals this is the first step toward becoming better than you are.
    Delete words underlined in brackets. I have made a few alternate suggestion to suit the language to the described situation. The text after deletion and incorporation of my suggestions look as follows.

I have come across many such personalities in my professional life, and it becomes more than difficult for you to concentrate on work, if your boss happens to possess such traits. At times it is extremely dangerous to work in such an atmosphere, as it hampers your productivity and decreases your core skills. But it also taught me to persist in ‘Be Yourself’. It is the best counter attack under such circumstances. The person who has weapon of mass destruction (egoist person) in its armory, can never realize that he is restricting his own growth, and blocking own potential. Another greatest trait that they possess, is intolerance to see others success. Here again they do not realize that getting jealous for others success is not going to do any good for them, which in reality contains their growth. Why should one waste his time and energy by viewing others success as our failure? Be yourself and this is the first step toward becoming better than you are.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: Please check paragraph for grammar

Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    Delete words underlined in brackets. I have made a few alternate suggestion to suit the language to the described situation. The text after deletion and incorporation of my suggestions look as follows.

I have come across many such personalities in my professional life, and it becomes more than difficult for you to concentrate on work, if your boss happens to possess such traits. At times it is extremely dangerous to work in such an atmosphere, as it hampers your productivity and decreases your core skills. But it also taught me to persist in ‘Be Yourself’. It is the best counter attack under such circumstances. The person who has weapon of mass destruction (egoist person) in its armory, can never realize that he is restricting his own growth, and blocking own potential. Another greatest trait that they possess, is intolerance to see others success. Here again they do not realize that getting jealous for others success is not going to do any good for them, which in reality contains their growth. Why should one waste his time and energy by viewing others success as our failure? Be yourself and this is the first step toward becoming better than you are.
    Thanks a lot for your kind help, you are mentor to me, and I need a mentor because i need to improve my english. Thanks again