HELP NEEDED TO CORRECT GRAMMAR / RUN-ON/ SENTENCE FRAGMENT E.T.C

I have been inspired by many people including my family and friends. However, the person who most inspired me is my mother. My mother grew up in a small tiny village, with no education background. She was married at a very young age and had five children. Together with my dad, they moved to other small town, she started a small business. Their marriage didnít last very long, they were divorced. As a single parent with no enough cash, she managed to purchase a typewriter and taught herself how to type. Once she knew, she started small class with five students teaching them how to type. Despite her struggle to educate herself and others, she managed to get a job at the capital city of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, as a typist working with German organization. Attending college has always been her dream; she managed to save her money and went to study English Language in England. After completed her studies, her dream was for her children to pursue their education overseas. She worked extra jobs in order to send us to college. As a results, one of my brother completed his PhD in computer science, other brother completed his bachelor degree in electronic engineering both in England, my sister and I current attending college in Canada, younger brother back home attending university to become an accountant. Through my mother struggles and sacrifices, she taught me that the value of a good education, will prepare me for better future. Knowing how she struggled and how hard she worked to achieve successful life for us. I have realized how blessed I am to have her as a parent.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece

Lightbulb Re: HELP NEEDED TO CORRECT GRAMMAR / RUN-ON/ SENTENCE FRAGMENT E.T.C

I have been inspired by many people including my family and friends. However, the person who most inspired me is my mother. My mother grew up in a small tiny village, with no educational background. She got married at a very young age and had five children. She and my dad, moved to an other small town,where she started a small business. Their marriage didnít last very long, they got divorced. As a single parent with not enough cash, she managed to purchase a typewriter and taught herself how to type. Once she was feeling confident, she started teaching small classes with five students how to type. Despite her struggle to educate herself and others, she managed to get a job in the capital city of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, as a typist working with a German organization. Attending college has always been her dream; she managed to save enough money and went to study English Language in England. After she had completed her studies, her dream was for her children to pursue their education overseas. She worked extra jobs in order to send us to college. As a result ,one of my brothers completed his PhD in computer science and the other one has completed his bachelor degree in electronic engineering both in England, whereas my sister and I are currentlty attending college in Canada, and my younger brother back home is attending university. He wants to become an accountant. Through my mother struggles and sacrifices, she taught me that a good education, will prepare me for a better future.( Knowing how she struggled and how hard she worked to achieve successful life for us.) I have realized how blessed I am to have her as a parent.

Hi,lindalinda,
    I have corrected your exercice using red colour. The only thing you should know is that in my opinion, the sentence in brackets isn't necessary.
    Good luck