• Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

• Post Thanks / Like

resuming my English studies

Hi all, I've been without studing English for a whole year and now I want to resume my studies but I would like some advices on how I should do it.

I thought about paying for a regular free course, but I remembered that it was not very productive. In fact the cost/benefit is very high, although it's one of the more "enjoyable" ways of learning, because you have contact with different people.

I think I can speak a good conversational English with the vocabullary I already have, but I feel it's limited sometimes so maybe it would be a good idea improving it (the vocabulary). Could you give me any advice on how to do that? What are the new technics?

I thought about paying for classes (skype) with natives just to have a start point on what my real English condition is at this point and maybe it woul give me a hint on how to be assertive on my studies. So if you are a online teacher and think you can help me send me a private message. I would appreciate if it doesn't break the forum rules.

Thanks!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: resuming my English studies

Quote Originally Posted by anreak View Post
    Hi all, I've been without studing English for a whole year and now I want to resume my studies but I would like some advices on how I should do it.

I thought about paying for a regular free course, but I remembered that it was not very productive. In fact the cost/benefit is very high, although it's one of the more "enjoyable" ways of learning, because you have contact with different people.

I think I can speak a good conversational English with the vocabullary I already have, but I feel it's limited sometimes so maybe it would be a good idea improving it (the vocabulary). Could you give me any advice on how to do that? What are the new technics?

I thought about paying for classes (skype) with natives just to have a start point on what my real English condition is at this point and maybe it woul give me a hint on how to be assertive on my studies. So if you are a online teacher and think you can help me send me a private message. I would appreciate if it doesn't break the forum rules.

Thanks!
    Of course you know there isn't a definite answer to your question.
    The best way to learn English relies strongly on individual preferences/skills/reasons and so on. I advise you to use at least one traditional method (like a regular course or private lessons with a professional teacher) and take part in UsingEnglish forum discussions. I can assure you I have learned a lot here.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: resuming my English studies

Thank you so much, ymnisky.