• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Please help

Due to the limited air / flight space, the freight rate is unsteady. We shall charge you back the difference rate if any. Furthermore, 1000 pcs of H35 have been delivered to warehouse today and will be planned tomorrow flight. We shall keep you inform on the flight details ASAP.

1000 pcs air good was changed (the payment) from LC to TT, but the rest 2000 pcs should be remained by LC. Please send back the cancellation letter for current LC and return to your bank immediately for us proceed a new LC for you.
    Last edited by Zoe2008; 04-Nov-2009 at 02:28.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help

Not sure what the exact question here is...

Do you just want this bit of prose to be edited and corrected? The meaning of what you posted is fairly clear, although there are some minor problems with syntax and word choice. The question I have is in what context will this be read? Is it on an invoice? A shipping sticker? A manifest form?

Things like what you posted can be difficult for ESL learners because in written business-type English, particularly for notices or memos, sentences are often shortened, articles (a/an/the) are eliminated, etc., just to make it shorter and seem more businesslike. Different rules of grammar informally apply.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chadley,

This is an email. I would like some one or teacher can help to check and correct my text. So that, I can learn for my error. Thanks

Regards
    Zoe

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    Due to the limited air / flight space, the freight rate is unsteady. We shall charge you back the difference rate if any. Furthermore, 1000 pcs of H35 have been delivered to warehouse today and will be planned tomorrow flight. We shall keep you inform on the flight details ASAP.

1000 pcs air good was changed (the payment) from LC to TT, but the rest 2000 pcs should be remained by LC. Please send back the cancellation letter for current LC and return to your bank immediately for us proceed a new LC for you.
    I would probably write it this way myself:

Due to limited space, the freight rate is subject to change. We will refund any overpayment to you. Additionally, 1000 pieces of H35 have been delivered to the warehouse today and are planned for shipment on tomorrow's flight. We shall keep you apprised of the flight details.

Payment for 1000 pieces of air goods was changed from LC to TT. However, payment for the other 2000 pieces should remain LC.

The last paragraph is confusing to me, so I'm not sure how to correct it, but you should change the word "proceed" to "to process."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Zoe:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    Due to the limited air / flight space, the freight rate is unsteady variable. (We shall charge you back the difference rate if any. Change this sentence to: We will adjust your invoice to reflect the actual shipping costs. Furthermore, 1000 pcs of H35 have been delivered to the warehouse today and (will be planned tomorrow flight and we plan to ship them on tomorrow's flight. We shall keep you informed on the flight details ASAP.

I'm not sure I understand this one completely, but:
    The payment on 1000 pcs of air goods was changed from LC to TT, but the remaining 2000 pcs will remain as LC. Please return the cancellation letter for the current LC and return to (contact?) your bank immediately, so we can process a new LC for you.
    I hope this is helpful,

Petra

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chadley and Petra,