• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

is this sentence correct?

Sarah would like QC arrive to the factory and see their rework tomorrow until all the goods finished. Do we have QC and can help for this special arrangement?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: is this sentence correct?

That is two sentences. As you asked for an assessment of only one sentence, I will just look at the first one:

Sarah would like QC arrive to the factory and see their rework tomorrow until all the goods finished.

You need the infinitive version of arrive, as you already have a proper verb structure (would like); therefore arrive should be to arrive.

I would suggest "to come to the factory" rather than "to arrive at the factory". Your original version suggests a specific time will be given to QC. "Sarah would alike them to arrive at 11:00AM."

You need to use "until all the goods are finished" - but even then, I'm not exactly sure what you mean: Sarah would like QC to come to the factory and see their rework tomorrow until all the goods are finished. ??

First, whose rework is "their" rework? Is that QC's rework, or the factory's rework?
    Do you intend to hold QC hostage until all the necessary reworking is finished? It sounds like it.

We could also get into the construction of "come and see" compared to "come to see" - some may consider that wrong (if it were "try and see" it would definitely be wrong; it should be "try to see"). The consideration is whether you want TWO distinct actions to happen. You want them to come. You want them to see. You probalby, however, really just want them to see, so you should say, I want them to come to see - as that is the only reason you (or Sarah) want them to come.

I suggest you look at this sentence (alone ... not two sentences this time) and try to restate it more clearly, and we'll start from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    Sarah would like a QC to come to the factory and oversee their rework tomorrow until all the goods are finished. Do we have a QC who can take this special arrangement?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

My you learn quickly, Anglika.