Question Is it ok?

What are the mistakes in this text

"Before going any further, it’s important to examine some aspects of this sequence. For instance, why did Sokurov choose to include Peter I in the film? One good reason is because under the mandate of Peter I, Russia accomplished several economic, politic and cultural achievements. In addition, it was Peter the great who founded Saint Petersburg in 1703 (Hence the name of the city). However, if truly Sokurov admires Peter the Great, then, why does his film show Peter the Great in a violent facet? According to Hashamova, Sokurov shows Peter I from a violent angle, in order to expose “the controversial human manifestations” of the “mythologized figures from Russian History".

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Is it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by saeta View Post
    What are the mistakes in this text
    "Before going any further, it’s important to examine some aspects of this sequence. For instance, why did Sokurov choose to include Peter I in the film? One good reason may be that (is because) under the mandate of Peter I, Russia accomplished several economic, political and cultural achievements. In addition, it was Peter the great who founded Saint Petersburg in 1703 (Hence the name of the city). However, if Sokurov truly admires Peter the Great, then, why does his film show Peter the Great in a violent character (facet)? According to Hashamova, Sokurov shows/portrays Peter I from a violent angle, in order to expose “the controversial human manifestations” of the “mythologized figures from Russian History".
    Delete words underlined in brackets and use alternative word if sounds good to you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Re: Is it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by saeta View Post
    ...In addition, it was Peter the great who founded Saint Petersburg in 1703 (Hence the name of the city).
    This sounds like he founded the name of the city.Maybe it should be replaced like this:
    (The city was named after him)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Is it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by euncu View Post
    This sounds like he founded the name of the city.Maybe it should be replaced like this:
    (The city was named after him)
    You seem to refer to the past form 'found' of the verb 'find', Here the base form of the verb is 'found' founded, founded which means: to set up or establish on a firm basis or for enduring. Yes, it can be; who founded Saint Petersburg in 1703 which has been named after him.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Re: Is it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by sarat_106 View Post
    You seem to refer to the past form 'found' of the verb 'find'
    No,that's not what I was referring to . Just the " Peter the great who founded Saint Petersburg in 1703 (Hence the name of the city)" sentence sounded like "Peter the great who founded the name of the city". That what I was saying.