• Post Thanks / Like

on the radar

ajsaheb will make known his views on the subject at an appropriate time at a press conference," said MNS legislature party leader and Raj's close confidante and MLA Bala Nandgaonkar on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Sena MP Anand Paranjpe's visit to Raj Thackeray's Shivaji Park residence on Monday evening raised hackles in the Sena. Paranjpe is the Sena's second-term MP from Thane, the party's stronghold which is now on the MNS' radar.

Sources close to Paranjpe clarified on Tuesday that the Sena MP had called on Raj to invite him for a family wedding. Anand's father, the late Prakash Paranjpe who was the Thane MP till his death in 2007, had excellent equations with Raj, it is said.
    source : Sena plays down Sachin controversy - Mumbai - City - The Times of India

Please tell me the meaning of "on the radar' in this context. MNS is a party name.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: on the radar

Something that is on your radar is something that may not be immediately seen but can be observed from the evidence. Look at a radar screen.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: on the radar

I am not a learner.

Experts...please confirm if the following examples are correct.

1. Reserve bank Governor has said that the idea to increase the interest rate is not on the radar for the time being.

2. He said that the idea to sell the company is not completely off the radar